Last Wednesday during the first Singapore Flex User Group meet, I spoke about the framework that Tink (a.k.a. Stephen Downs) has created, which integrates Papervision3D with Flex to create 3D effects.
Effects in Flex are simple to apply and if used correctly enhance the UI. This session will show you how to apply and build 3D effects for Flex using Papervision3D. – Tink
- Tink’s framework
- View any of the above examples.
- Right click -> View Source
- Download the source zip file.
- After extracting, the folder “ws” in the folder “[source path] as3″ is what you need.
- Papervision3D’s framework
Place the two frameworks in your project’s “src” folder (or whatever that you name it), and you can tap on the power of PV3D in your Flex app! 😉
I learnt all that I learnt about the framework from Tink’s presentation, so be sure to check it out to understand what is going on behind the scenes, and the possibilities of creating your very own PV3D effects! 😀