Planning to start a thread of useful posts gathered from the community. Would probably try to do this as often as I can. Anyway, here’s some interesting stuff I found recently.
- Five3D for AS 3.0 (via Tink)
Very interesting AS3 vector-based 3D Engine. The website’s design looks refreshing as well. Would probably spend more time to develop some examples using this.
- SQLite in Adobe AIR session video (via Peter Elst)
- Slides available here.
Excites me a huge lot! I’ve wanted to do something with databases in AIR and this is the perfect introduction for me.
- 3D Interactive Video on a sphere! (via Ted Patrick)
Couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw this. Showed it to my colleagues and they were swept off their feet as well. Amazing stuff with lots of possibilities. 😀
- AIRTube Source Code Now Available (via Lee Brimelow)
AIRTube was developed in Flash and wrapped with AIR, that lets you download youtube videos. Its source code is now made available.
- RegExr Desktop Released: Regular Expression Tool in AIR (via Grant Skinner)
- Online version available here.
Very useful tool to learn Regular Expressions. I’m a noob in this area, so this tool is definitely going to help. BIG TIME!
- Examples from my 360|Flex session – Using Open Source Community Projects (via Doug McCune)
Love Doug’s examples! Really showcase the power of Flex with all the love from Open Source projects. Comes with source codes. 😉
- Flash Player Socket Connections Now Require a Policy File (via Colin Moock)
Some new security things to note with the new Flash Player 22.214.171.124 update.